Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Welcome to My Life.

Where to start? I could go back and blog a zillion entries of the stuff I want to include in this blog... and back-date them, but that would kinda be like writing stuff I've already done on my to-do list just so I can cross it off. Yes, I do that. But I won't do it here. Promise.

I guess I will start with why I am doing this and what it will be about.

When I first became a Housewife, I had this silly misconception that it was going to be easy. I had never done it before, so why would I think that? My husband says the reason I am nearly always disappointed is because I'm unrealistically optimistic. Well, there you have it. I thought it would be all sunshine and roses and cute aprons and cooking beautiful, delicious dinners which were ready right as hubby walked through the door from work as our sweet Weimaraner, Dezmund, ran up to greet him. Not so. I was in for quite the shock.



And I'm just going to be honest here... before I took on this role, I did VERY LITTLE "real" cleaning, cooking, entertaining of guests, home maintenance, etc. I worked. A LOT. And I baked cute cupcakes every once in awhile and knew how to celebrate holidays. I didn't even know how to use our awesome Dyson vacuum. Seriously!?! So when we moved from Atlanta to Florida, bought our first house and I took the road less traveled as an actual "Housewife," I had a lot to learn. And I cried quite a bit over things like the nearly impossible task of getting a king size duvet cover neatly on my duvet BY MYSELF. I searched far and wide (on the internet) for solutions, and sometimes I found what I needed.

And then I called the BFF. And she got me started with a book called Happy Housewives (thank you, Katy) - a how-to book for everything I needed to know!! I read it cover to cover. And it helped me.



But there were still MANY misadventures. So I will write about them. It will be cathartic. And if you're a new Housewife or it's the first time you've had to do one of the crazy things I already did maybe it will help you.

Oh, the stories... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment